– 21st January, 2018
Looking back at 2017
So after a long hiatus from writing, I have decided to get back on that blogging boat again and start with a look back at my year in 2017, good things, not so good things and anything else that I feel that it worth mentioning.
Well, with that, let's kick things of with some personal reflections of 2017.
- Firstly, it was my wife and I's third year of marriage in May, which I cannot belive how quickly those 3 years have gone by already! Heres to many, many more! 🥂
- My eldest son Harry started primary school in September which was a very proud moment for myself. He has grown up so much, especially in the last year or so where he has really come out of his shell and learning so much which you kind of don't expect someone of that age to know. 🎒
- It was also our third annual trip to Centre Parcs at Woburn Forest for our family holiday which is always a fun week of activitys, laughs and stress. We really like it there as there is so much for the kids to do all in a very safe environment and to get away from the daily hustle and bustle at home. 🚗
- Towards the end of the year I thought that I better get my own website back up and running again and to also make a lot more effort to write blog posts far more regularly and not just technical articles either but just writing about anything that is on my mind at the time and sharing my thoughts with everyone. 🛠️
That roughly sums up the personal side of 2017 now onto some of the work side of the year.
- It has been another quick but very busy year at work, working on lots of new ideas and features to help the uSwitch Broadband comparison journey get better.
- We are also in the process of building up a new comparison journey which will make comparing Broadband and TV deals far easier, which is currently in the testing phase.
So this pretty much sums up the happenings of 2017 in my personal and work life and overall I think it has been a successful year with lots of challenges and good times. Here's for more of the same in 2018.